Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The beginning of my devotion journey with the Book of Isaiah

 

I am really in struggle reading the Book of Isaiah. I just finished the book twice this year . This is the third time He asked me to read it. 

I really suffered in trying to unravel the mysteries of the book and I realized that I am completely lost. I still need to compile the reflections I have and I have to watch videos from youtube in order for me to learn. It's really such a shame to depend on commentaries. Don't get me wrong, I know that the Holy Spirit is there to guide me but it is also a prompting coming from Holy Spirit that I really need to study. I need to know the historical background and context in light of our current situation most especially in our country.

During the pandemic, I had more time to watch the news and know the latest updates about the corona virus. I had hope that this will just last in one or two months. How naive of me! The more I prayed to ask God to finally eradicate this virus, the more I grew impatient and I get discouraged. It's such a shame to admit that at some point I gave up. 

I literally stopped praying. And sometimes, I prayed out of obligation. No passion at all. It's really such a shame. I got badly hurt and defeated in battles that I tried to fight on my own. 

I am getting up. I have to. 

And I start reading again the Book of Isaiah.. I need to learn more. And I need to keep records of all the reflections in relation to the present situation of our country. 

If we are sensitive, this pandemic is a wake up call for us. For generations, it is always a heart cry of the Lord that His people with return to Him. 

He wants His people in the Philippines and the rest of the countries of the world to to turn back to Him. The days are getting worse. The humanity is always at lost with sins. Even the elected are falling away while some are sleeping. 

But nothing is impossible with God. As long as we dropped our pride and bring down our knees to repentance, the Lord will heal and restore us. 

In the Philippines, the government is full of corrupt and greedy leaders that oppressed the people. The corruption is deep seated that it will take I think decades before we can fully eradicate it. But the Lord remind me of His word is Isaiah 1:18



The restoration will take some time but I know that the Lord is working behind the scenes. The changes already started and He will show even more. The Lord have me a deeper meaning on this verse. He will restore my country. 

This is just the start. There are still more to unravel on His word in the Book of Isaiah... 



No comments: